Tutorial 7.2: Keyframing the angle of peel
Now letâ€™s quickly create an interesting keyframed effect where the peel spins around the object as it peels.
To start keyframing the Angle of Peel:
1. Click on the Peel instead of roll checkbox.
2. Check the Peel % From Transition checkbox.
3. Move the Angle of Peel spinner to 0.
4. Move the current time slider in the envelope window to 0%.
5. Click on the Create button in the Envelope Window to create a keyframe at time 0% with the Angle of Peel currently at 0.
You have now created the first keyframe, with the angle starting at 0 degrees.
To complete the keyframing:
1. Move the current time slider in the Envelope Window to 100%.
2. Move the Angle of Peel spinner to 180 degrees.
You have now created the second keyframe, and if you play the preview you will see the object peel as it flies off, and the peel rotates around the object.
Remember that plugins in Hollywood FX can be combined. You could attach a Ripple at the same time the object is peeling, or even attach a second peel to the same object.
Two Peels attached to the same object: 1) showing the result; 2) showing two plugins applied in the FX Tree.
Ã° Back to Tutorial 7.1
to Tutorial 8
Ã° Up to Tutorial 7